Perhaps most closely associated with the Kentucky Derby (nearly 120,000 Mint Juleps are served at the races each year), the Mint Julep is a classic cocktail that screams sophisticated springtime relaxation. And as luck would have it, “sophisticated springtime relaxation” is one of our favorite phrases.
There’s another word we love too, though: Frozen! True to form, our recipe for Mint Julep Popsicles takes all your favorite Mint Julep ingredients and transforms them into a deliciously icy treat. Enjoy!
MINT JULEP POPSICLES
SERVING SIZE: Makes 6 Classic Pops
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
10 fresh mint leaves
6 tbsp whisky
1 3/4 cups club soda (flattened)
1. In a small saucepan, heat water, sugar and mint leaves over medium heat.
2. Stir until sugar dissolves completely.
3. Remove from heat and let cool completely; discard mint leaves.
4. Take 6 tbsp of the mint simple syrup you created above and combine it with the whisky and club soda.
5. Transfer to ZOKU’s Classic Pop Molds, insert the pop handles, and let freeze for 8 hours.
6. Remove your pops from the freezer and briefly run the molds under water if needed to help release the pops.
If you enjoyed this recipe, we think you’ll also want to try this Mojito with a twist, too!