Sometimes it pays to mix things up a bit! While a traditional Mojito is characterized by its notes of mint and lime, this mojito variation plays on the classic Cuban cocktail by adding muddled blackberries to the mix. The result is a fruity blackberry mojito recipe that is easy to make — and sip!
MOJITO VARIATION WITH BLACKBERRY
SERVING SIZE: Makes 2 cocktails
8-10 fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup fresh blackberries
1 tbsp sugar
4 oz light rum
Fresh lime juice
2 lime slices (optional for garnish)
2 sprigs of mint (optional for garnish)
1. Place mint, blackberries, and sugar in a cocktail shaker and use a muddler to combine the ingredients.
2. Add rum and lime juice to the mixture and shake well.
3. Place an ice sphere created using ZOKU’s Ice Ball Molds in each cocktail glass and pour the blackberry mojito over the ice.
4. Top off each glass with a splash of club soda.
5. If desired, garnish each blackberry mojito with a slice of lime and a sprig of mint.
Looking to create even more berry mojito magic? We think you’ll enjoy our recipe for berry mojito pops!