With strawberry season quick approaching, there is no better way to use these red gems than in Fresh Strawberry-Lime Quick Pops. Bursting with the bright and sweet flavors of spring, these Pops will make winter a distant memory.
Makes 6 Pops
10 ounces fresh strawberries; stems removed, rinsed and drained
3 tablespoons sugar (*more if necessary)
1 teaspoon lime zest
½ cup water
3 ounces limeade; divided use
ASSEMBLE THE POPS
- In a blender, puree strawberries, sugar, lime zest, and water, until smooth, set aside.
- Remove Zoku Quick Pop Maker from the freezer. Insert sticks.
- Pour 1 ounce strawberry puree into each Zoku Quick Pop cavity. Allow this layer to freeze completely.
- Next pour ½ ounce limeade into each cavity. Allow this layer to freeze completely.
- Finally pour another layer of the strawberry puree up to the fill line in each cavity. Allow this layer to freeze completely.
- Remove the pops with the Super Tool. Repeat with remaining pops.
* Adjust the amount of sugar based upon the sweetness of your berries. Strawberries from local farms tend to have a much sweeter and true berry flavor than those found in the supermarkets. We recommend using organic ingredients whenever possible.
Leave a comment (all fields required)