Being a NYC resident, I have a few seasonal challenges I have to overcome every year. One of them being the summer subway commute! Long walks to the station, waiting on the platform, and stuffing myself in the train, all of these are unbearable in the summer. BUT there are some things that help me get over these challenges.
Air conditioning, shorts approved dress code, and iced cold drinks! This post being about summer brew, I will share my go to iced tea recipe that you can brew in Zoku’s Glass Core Bottle that will (possibly) help you survive the summer. Let's start with some benefits of drinking tea.
TEA IS GREAT FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS: *
2. Antioxidant boost
3. Sugary drink alternative (if unsweetened)
4. Dental benefits
5. Prevent cancer
6. Source of manganese which helps wound healing, bone strength, and metabolism
8. Lowers risk of heart problem
I personally like the light roasted smokiness w/ a hint of sweet of Oolong, and wanted to share this refreshing recipe below. Below is my summer go to recipe to get over the summer!
COLD BREW OOLONG TEA WITH FRUITS
1. 1 ¾ cups of filtered tap water (about 14oz)
2. 2 teaspoon of Oolong loose leaf tea
3. ½ peach (sliced)
4. ¼ lime (sliced)
5. 1 16 oz Zoku Glass Core Bottle
6. 1 Zoku Tea Infuser for Glass Core Bottle
1. Put 2 teaspoon of Oolong loose leaf tea in Zoku Tea Infuser and don’t forget to attach the mouthpiece
2. Squeeze in peach/lime slices in the Zoku Glass Core bottle
3. Insert the Zoku Tea Infuser in bottle
4. Pour 2 cups of water in the Zoku Glass Core bottle and refrigerate to brew overnight (est. 8-12 hours)
5. After it has finished brewing, you can just grab the bottle and go!
Hopefully this iced tea recipe will keep you chilled and help you survive the upcoming summer season! I believe you can replace Oolong with other loose leaf tea, and feel free to freestyle it by changing to other seasonal fruits, or adding your choice of sweetener.