Makes 6 Pops
For the Strawberry Base
6 ounces strawberries
¼ cup heavy cream
½ cup low fat milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
For the heart accents
Using the heart stencil from the Zoku Tool Kit, cut out desired number of hearts from a thin slice of apple.
For the Quick Shell
2/3 (4oz) semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup (2 ½ oz) refined coconut oil
MAKE THE CHOCOLATE QUICK SHELL
In a double boiler over barely simmering water, whisk together the chocolate and coconut oil until the chocolate has completely melted. Remove from heat and let cool completely before applying to pops. Yields ¾ cup of Quick Shell.
MAKE THE STRAWBERRY BASE
- In a blender, combine strawberries, heavy cream, milk, vanilla, and sugar. Blend until thoroughly combined and smooth.
ASSEMBLE THE POPS
- Using the Zoku Fruit Wand or tweezers, apply the apple hearts to the walls of the pop maker molds.
- Insert sticks and pour the strawberry base to the fill line.
- Let freeze completely, remove the pops with the Super Tool.
- Repeat with remaining pops.
ADD THE QUICK SHELL
- Hold a pop flat side facing up, use a small spoon to drizzle Quick Shell onto the pops.
- If desired, add festive sprinkles to the Quick Shell while it is still wet.
- Wait a few seconds for the shell to harden and do the same to the other side.