Cranberry Orange Pops
Makes 6 Pops
9 ounces orange juice; divided use
For the cranberry sauce:
6 ounces fresh cranberries (about 1 1/3 cup)
4 ounces orange juice (½ cup)
½ cup granulated sugar
zest of one orange
MAKE THE CRANBERRY-ORANGE BASE
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar in ½ cup orange juice. Stir in the fresh cranberries and cook until the cranberries begin to pop (about 8 minutes). Remove from heat and place sauce in a bowl. Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools. Place in refrigerator for at least two hours.
- Remove Cranberry-Orange Sauce from the refrigerator and place into a blender. Add in 6 ounces of orange juice and blend until smooth (mixture will be slightly thick).
ASSEMBLE THE POPS
- Remove Zoku Quick Pop Maker from the freezer. Insert sticks and pour about ¾ ounce of cranberry-orange base into each cavity; allow layer to freeze completely.
- Pour ½ ounce orange juice into each cavity directly on top of the cranberry-orange layer; allow layer to freeze completely.
- Pour another layer of the cranberry-orange base up fill line in each cavity (approximately ¾ ounce per pop); allow layer to freeze completely.
- Remove the pops with the Super Tool. Repeat with remaining pops.
Posted on: March 15, 2011