WHO DOESN'T ENJOY A HOMEMADE FROZEN TREAT IN THE SUMMERTIME?
I know I enjoy it. And I bet your furry pets do too! Why not indulge together with this recipe that is healthy for family members and our canine friends as well?
Store-bought popsicles usually contain high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavors. But not these! This popsicle recipe is made with real food and only natural sweeteners! This can serve as a great snack for both you and your dog.
• 2 cups of berries of your choice
• 2 tbsps of Greek yogurt
• 1 tbsp of coconut flakes
Berries are in-season during this time of year – and are a delicious treat, packed with antioxidants, fiber, and essential nutrients. Yogurt is rich in protein and probiotics and is what gives this recipe a creamy texture. Coconut is non-toxic for dogs and contains many anti-inflammatory properties. The fatty acids in coconut promote a soft, healthy coat.
DISCLAIMER: Please consult with your pet’s veterinarian and use personal judgement when applying this information to your own dog’s diet.
1. Pour all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until it forms a smoothie-like texture
2. Spoon the mixture into the popsicle molds, which you can find an array of here.
3. Place drip guards and then freeze overnight or at least 6 hours
• Substitute the popsicle sticks for dog biscuits! Please be wary your dogs might bite or ingest plastic while consuming their treat. If you’re holding the popsicle for them, this shouldn’t be an issue.
• Can’t remove the popsicle from the mold? Run it under some warm water until it releases.
• Note that popsicles can melt quickly! Allow your dog to enjoy them on the grass to avoid stains or messes indoors.
SHOW US YOUR CREATIONS!
These popsicles are sure to help keep your dog cool on a hot day. Please tag @ZokuHQ and use #ZokuDogs on our social if you try this recipe out!